Saturday, July 09, 2016

Suki's Surprise

This morning, I dropped by Divisoria to buy some more of the printed fabric that I got 2 weeks ago. It was this white fabric with red poppies, and the design was so graphic that it was uber cool.

Arriving at the fabric store, I started looking for it. After a few rounds, I realized that it was nowhere to be found. Then, the manong who usually cuts my fabrics appears, so I ask him about the design I was looking for.

MANONG: Naku, Sir, ubos na ho. May bumili ng wholesale.
ME: Ah, okay. No problem po.

While walking towards the exit, the owner greets me:

OWNER: O suki! Anong binili mo ngayon.
ME: Bibili po dapat ako nung printed fabric na binili ko the last time, pero ubos na daw.
OWNER: Talaga? Sinong nagsabi?
ME: Si Manong po. (Pointing to Manong.)

What she did after surprised me:

OWNER: Nasaan na 'yung hinahanap ni suki?
MANONG: Naka-kahon na po, ayun. (Points to a sealed box.)
OWNER: Naku, buksan mo 'yan, bigyan mo si suki kung ilan ang kailangan niya.
ME: No, okay lang po.
OWNER: Naku hindi. Kung gusto mo nung telang 'yon, ibibigay ko sa'yo.

And with that, I went home with a few more yards of this fabric:



Being a suki has its privileges.

No comments: