Thursday, July 28, 2016

Sketchy Stories: Purple Reign

Last January, my nephew got engaged and announced that he was getting married in Atlanta in July.

THAT WAS HUGE, HUGE, HUGE NEWS!

Especially since he's the first from his generation to get married. Plus his Mom - Ate Lissa - is my Ate.

So, when Ate Lissa asked me what she should wear to the wedding, I knew I had to come up with something uber special.

Ate had a few guidelines:
- The color had to be purple
- She didn't want anything too form fitting
- It was a summer wedding

First, I went to "the stash" to check if I had purple fabric. Thankfully, there were a few yards of embroidered lace which I was supposed to use for Kai's party a few years back. After examining it, and taking the guidelines into consideration, this was the chicken scratch I came up with:


It was a sheath silhouette with a blouson top. The back was fully open to let the air in. The skirt had inserts, and the accent was a thin belt with gemstones.

Ate liked the design, particularly how the top was a blouson-type of top. She said that it will allow her to eat and she won't be conscious about her mid-section. (What mid-section?)

So, it was off to our trusted dressmaker to have the sketch brought to life. And as expected, she did a wonderful job with it.




Ate said that the moment she wore the dress, the make-up artist told her how lovely it was and how she looked in it.

Jen's aunt said that Ate looked like a gorgeous 25-year old.

And that was just one of the many praises that Ate received that evening.

(Then, there's Mom's dress. But that's another story.)


No comments: