Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Seeing silver

Twenty-five years ago on this very day, I attended a wedding ceremony in San Agustin Church. Not only did I attend, I was also one of the secondary sponsors.

I remember the people in the entourage included some of the brides' best friends, and a very pregnant maid of honor.

The bride was wearing a fully-beaded, off shoulder gown with a long, circular train. Even the train was fully beaded. And it looked spectacular.

After the ceremony, we headed next door to Casa Manila for the reception. I remember being awed by the cake - a towering creation made of sugar, complete with sugar doves and shells. And if that wasn't surprising enough, the couple gave out mini-cakes with sugar lamps on top.

That wedding was a lot of fun, and it was also the second wedding in my family.

The bride is my sister, Ate Bullet, and the groom is Raymond.


It's hard to believe that 25 years has passed since that day. It feels just like yesterday!

Happy Silver Anniversary, Ate Bullet and Raymond! Here's to the next milestone!

No comments: