Sunday, January 03, 2016

Worth its weight in Gold

I've organized many weddings in the past decade or so. Weddings of relatives, friends, friends of friends, and even accidental friends. And I've always said that it's a thrill to see two people pledge themselves to each other forever.

But there's one wedding that I've always dreamed of organizing - and that's the Golden Wedding Anniversary of my parents. Yes, my parents are celebrating 50 years of pledging themselves to each other forever.


It was a special event many, many, many times over. Aside from the anniversary, this also marked the first time in a long time that the whole family was together. I think it's been about a decade since each and every member of the Regalado-Morales clan was in Manila. And with an event this special, everyone had to fly in. That includes the newest member of the family, Jennifer.


Organizing this wedding was also an exciting challenge because I'm very close to the "clients." I was amazed at how much Dad was involved in the planning process - from selecting the church and the venue, the entertainment, the food, and everything else in between. He has this knack for organizing things, which means Dad and I are alike in more ways than one.


Yes, it was stressful. I was still laying out things and looking for suppliers the night before the wedding. But seeing how happy the family was - from the church to the reception - all the work was definitely worth it.

No comments: