Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Loud and Claire


Once upon a time, I was a wedding planner. And this was because one of my good friends at Adformatix - Claire - helped me discover that it's something fun and worthwhile to do.

The first wedding we planned was Rache's wedding to Jeepoy. It was just an ad hoc thing that we decided to do. But after that event, people started asking if we could do it for them, too.

So it came to pass, we suddenly found ourselves professionally organizing weddings. From intimate gatherings, to grand weddings attended by the Philippine President!

Eventually, Claire moved to the U.S. and is now a pastry chef. I, on the other hand, still find myself organizing weddings, and getting the same joy that I got back in 1998.

I'm glad that Claire still gets to visit Manila every year. It's always fun to catch up with her and talk about the glory days of our wedding organizing.

No comments: