Sunday, March 01, 2015

Thai-ed up

I've always been a huge fan of Thai food.

Back in HKG, we had a number of Thai haunts, including our favorite "Thai Auntie apartment" in North Point. Then, there's the former "Great Food Hall" in Pacific Place. (Which later became Lane Crawford.)

In Manila, I've tried some Thai places that I really, really liked. My favorite was the Thai canteen which used to be in U.P., but that closed several years ago. 

One place that I've always liked and is still open is Chariya's Authentic Thai canteen. I first tried this many years ago along Jupiter Street, and their Pad Thai was da bomb! It was legit and reminded me of Bangkok each time I ordered it.

The one in Jupiter is closed now, but thankfully they still have a stall in Manila. And since I was craving for Pad Thai today, that's where I ended up eating.


No comments: