Sunday, March 22, 2015

My cousin's wedding

Even before Patrick became a child star, a multi-awarded actor, and a household name, he was - for us - a cousin.

Every summer, they'd go to our house in Morato, or we'd go to their house in Del Monte. There, we'd play a gamut of games, from the classic tag to G.I. Joes. Other times, we'd go to Valle Verde Country Club and go swimming, along with his siblings Pichon and Cheka, as well as their cousins, Shasha and Bunny.

Yesterday, little Icky Boy finally tied the knot, and we were more than happy to witness the union.


What was awesome about the wedding was the fact that I got to see some of my childhood friends and cousins who I haven't seen in decades. That includes John-John, who's now taller than everyone and just goes by the name John.

(John is the tall guy beside me) 


I also had a good conversation with Shasha (or Sharmaine in showbiz circles) and had a good laugh over our childhood antics.

It was so much fun reconnecting with people from my childhood that we saw the wedding not as a showbiz wedding (though there were a lot of 90s actors present) but a family affair. An event where we saw our little cousin turn into a man, and starting his new life with his new family.


Congratulations to the newlyweds!

No comments: