Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Everything's coming up Roxas

This year's first domestic destination is Roxas City in Capiz. 

I've read about its rustic quality, and rustic places always appeal to me. That's why I was so interested to see what Roxas City had to offer.

Even if I just stayed there overnight, the place didn't disappoint. There were a lot of elements that made it feel like a quiet, provincial town. Some parts actually reminded me of Bicol, which is always good in my book.

First, it had a lot of old houses that they turned into shops.


It follows the old Spanish layout where the town plaza is in the middle and is surrounded by a church, the city hall, and a commercial center.


The statues have a vintage vibe to them. Check out this statue of former President Manuel Roxas.


The city's main bridge is about a block long. But it doesn't keep it from being photogenic.


Old churches. I love them. And they have it here.


There's also a rotunda with a water fountain where all vehicles pass through going to the city.


Roxas City is definitely a place I'd like to explore some more. Too bad I only had a weekend there. 

But hey, I'll take that as my cue to come back to Roxas City soon.

No comments: