Monday, November 18, 2013

Sweet Caroline

Oh look! Here's another reason to add to my already long list of reasons to go back to Tokyo!


Caroline Kennedy is the new Ambassador of the United States to Japan!

I've always been fascinated by the Kennedy family, even as a kid.

When I was in grade school, I'd read about JFK, his work, his assassination, and his legacy. I remember how I wished I had a time machine so I can go back in time to stop his assassination from happening.

I'd also follow Jacqueline Kennedy-Onnasis during her later years in life. She was always the epitome of class, pre- and post-JFK.

And of course, the kids. The sudden death of JFK Jr., and the responsibility of Caroline to carry on the family legacy.

It looks like she's going to do just that. Be the living legacy of the Kennedy family.

I know a lot of the diplomats hear mass at St. Francis' chapel in Ropponggi. Who knows, she just might be there the next time I visit Japan.

No comments: