Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On change

After listening to Sophie Ellis Bextor's "Won't change you," I began thinking about change.

Our college yearbook was called "Transitions," and it was all about change. On the first page, we wrote: "Change can be scary. But not changing is worse."

The past few months have seen a number of changes in my life, both welcome, and otherwise. I've also noticed that things and people around me are changing as well. Some friends, like the HRH Princess Shash, decided to make major changes in her life, and we had a good talk about it. After all, we're in the same boat - more or less. And I'm excited for her as she makes her own transition. When I asked Shash if she's excited about the big change in her life, her reply was: "Super excited!" (Such a Shash response.)

Change has a way of making one feel excited. And apprehensive. And inadequate. And small. But the good thing is that these feelings can change as well. And when it changes, it usually changes for the better.

And the other thing I noticed about change is this: There are SO many songs about change!






No comments: