Friday, August 26, 2011

Hey, sister, go sister!

I can't remember if I was in grade school or high school when "Sister Act" was shown on the big screen. All I remember is that, after that film, I thought nuns were so cool, and that it would be great to see a choir like that here in Manila.

After almost 10 years of teaching in a Catholic school for girls, I still think nuns are cool. Unfortunately, though, we don't have a Motown-esque choir of nuns where I teach. Hey, you can't have it all, right?

One of my favorite scenes and songs from "Sister Act" was "Salve Regina." Because of this song, I bought the cassette tape (yes, a cassette tape) of the film's soundtrack, and I remember listening to it over and over and over and over again.

Nowadays, when I feel sentimental and want to listen to "Salve Regina" all over again, all I need to do is head over to youtube, and re-live that wonderful scene all over again.



More than a decade after, this scene and song from the sisters still gets me.

No comments: