Thursday, March 24, 2011

They're growing up...

There are certain "emotional signs" of aging.

This was the conversation we had in school yesterday while grading papers and finishing reports. Among these signs are: reliving the "good old days," (like how Coke was just 0.75 cents back then), getting nostalgic over 80s songs, (like "Farewell to you my friend" - the quintessential Graduation song in the 80s & 90s) and starting to experience what our parents experienced a few decades back.

And yes, we were all experiencing these.

Yikes!

But aside from those signs, an additional sign that I experience is seeing my nephews and nieces growing up before my very eyes.

Like Kurt, who just graduated today and is entering high school next school year. It feels like just yesterday when I was still carrying him around and calling him "Pa-turt."



Or Princess, who was our first niece, and the first female apo of the Regalado-Morales clan. Thus the nickname Princess. A few years ago, she was this round, little baby who liked to snicker a lot. And now, our round, little baby is a tall, lithe young lady. (She's the one at the rightmost part of the photo, wearing white.)


Looking at these photos, then looking at photos from 3 or 4 years back, really makes me feel like time is passing by too fast. A little bit too fast for my liking.

No comments: