Sunday, February 13, 2011

Bye bye Bysi?

Is Bysi the next fast fashion import that's about to close down?

I've noticed that a lot of the old Bysi stores have given way to Celine or CMG stores. Among them - the Gateway and Trinoma branches.

The remaining Bysi stores that I've visited - SM The Block, The Podium and The Ramp - have very un-Bysi like items. The clothes they sell there look like Divisoria rejects with the Bysi tag slapped onto them.

Also, the stores are but a ghost of its former self. The merchandising is as bad as the merchandise. There are no more glossy posters or current campaigns. Whenever I go there, all I can feel is sadness.

So, I guess Bysi is about to make an exit. And if they aren't yet, and they continue this downward spiral, then I suggest that they just quit while they're ahead.

No comments: