Thursday, January 06, 2011

Sneaky Sale



Plains and Prints is definitely the new Kamiseta. Whenever it puts out its sale sign, you can expect a gaggle of women jostling for clothes, lining up going to the fitting room and paying major moolah for their stash. Which is what happened today on its first day.

But I noticed something in this recent sale that I've noticed in Bayo's recent sales as well.

There are items being sold that are "sale period items" only. This means that the items were never sold at regular price, and were probably just designed and produced for "sale period" purposes.

Among the items that fall under this category was a dress which is a knock-off from a People are People dress. (Which is probably a knock-off from another dress.) There was also a nice white dress with graphic prints and a belt. It's a dress that I would've remembered if it were sold earlier. But I don't. So it wasn't.

I wonder if more local brands will follow this sneaky tact. My guess that they will - only if people aren't on to their shenanigans.

And yes, I'm on to it.

No comments: