Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The longest day

It's almost 7pm and it looks like 3pm when I look outside my window.

Apparently, today is the longest day in Hong Kong. They call it the "Midsummer", and its the time when the sun goes down really, really late.

My colleagues are fascinated by this occurence, having gotten used to darkness come 6pm.

I, on the other hand, am not so impressed. After all, I spent a few summers in Amsterdam where the sun is up and the sky is bright even at 10pm.

Suddenly, I miss Europe.

2 comments:

NeiLDC said...

come to europe and experience that again and enjoy the rebajas!

Dazed and Confused said...

Hey Neil. Claro! It's time that I visit Europe again because it's been more than a year since I've been there. Although I might be there in autumn or winter, so that means shorter days and longer nights.