Wednesday, June 07, 2006

24

I've been in a studio shooting a commercial for 24 hours now.

It's been a long time since i've last had this experience - the last one being "Venus" which we shot last August.

Days like this reminds me of my first years in advertising when I'd be awake for 24 hours during the entire shooting process and everybody would tell me: "Ang tatag mo!" That was mainly because i'd still be up and about, traipsing and skittering around despite the fact that i haven't had an hour of sleep. It was always fun watching sleepy and sleeping crew people trying to keep their eyes open, and getting into little mishaps in the process.

What kept me up was the excitement and gregariousness of a newly hire. Experiencing everything for the first time has a certain high attached to it. Every commercial was a first time for me, so whether it was a 12 hour or a 36 hour shoot, the adrenaline in my body just kept pumpin' and a pumpin' the whole time.

Just a few minutes ago, our director for this commercial told: "Ang tatag mo!" That's because while most of the people walked around like zombies on the set, I was still up, about, dancing and skittering to and fro - after abour 24 hours of not sleeping.

I guess that means after a decade in the advertising biz, i'm still as gregarious as a newly hire.

1 comment:

NeiLDC said...

24 hours! ang tatag mo tsong!ingatz