Thursday, June 01, 2006

I went to Shanghai and all I got were...

Potato Chips!

Yup, it's SO unlike me, but I did not shop during my trip to Shanghai. I did visit a lot of stores, though. I looked at the ones along Mao Ming Lu and near People's Square. I went to Raffles City mall where there's a Bench store, went to Hot Wind and found out it isn't as glamorous as people in Manila think it is, and of course, I visited "Needs Supermarket" behind the hotel.

It's amazing how many different variants of Potato Chips they have here. Aside from these:

the first batch I bought last night, I was able to buy a couple more.

They have Pringles in Tomato flavor. Lay's in Mexican Salsa, Italian Red Meat, and the weirdest of them all: Cucumber flavored potato chips. Oh, they also have a Lemon flavored one, though that isn't too weird. So after my supermarket visit, I was lugging 2 big supermarket baskets of potato chips to the surprise of my Chinese colleague.

He remarked: "How can anyone buy so many Potato chips?"

But after seeing my exotic loot, he couldn't help but buy a couple bags for himself.

1 comment:

SeƱor Enrique said...

I am one of those under the impression that Shanghai is a glamorous town. I guess not, huh?