Tuesday, March 05, 2024

G.U. means Going Undercover

Was in Akohabara to go to Tamashi Nations and scout around for a toy for Jessie.

Passed by a nearby mall and saw that there was a G.U. branch there. Went inside and checked out some stuff, and noticed they had a section for a collection called G.U. X Undercover.

Apparently, this was a special collaboration with a popular Japanese designer named Jun Takashi. His brand is a streetwear brand known for subtle details and a streetwear aesthetic.

Since it was early, there weren’t a lot of people in the store yet. It’s allowed me to check out the items and try some on. 

By lunchtime, the store was starting to get crowded, and people started stocking up on pieces from the collaboration. Actually, when I got back, the jeans and shirt that were with me were almost all gone on the rack. Because of that, I didn’t let go of the items in my bag.

And that’s how I ended up with pieces from the latest G.U. collab.

Timing is everything.

No comments: