Friday, February 23, 2024

FMM: Riding with Carnes

On the Grab ride home yesterday, the driver's radio station was playing old songs.

This made it an enjoyable ride. After all, I'm a huge fan of songs from the 60s to the 90s.

One particular song hit me. And it's the song for today's Friday Magic Madness.

"What about me?" is one of the few songs that have a trio of singers, singing individual parts. This was sung by Kim Carnes, Kenny Rogers and James Ingram.

The reason why this is a memorable song? I've performed this song for a large audience.

It was back in high school, and the school's glee club was looking for someone to perform for a school event. Our adviser - Mr. Ortega - picked me and 2 other members, and asked us to represent the club in the program.

Can't remember how, but we pulled this song off.

And that is what that was all about.

No comments: