Saturday, October 14, 2023

Major Tom

Tom Sawyer fried chicken is one of the restaurants from my childhood.

Their store at Crossroads Arcade in Greenhills was one of our family's go-to places. We'd often go here with my Lolo Iking and Lola Dita, along with the rest of the family.

The interiors and ambience are both still fresh in my mind. They had dark wood interiors, much like an old American barn. Not surprising since they trace their roots to the Southern part of the US.

Eventually, Crossroads Arcade closed down and Tom Sawyer became an on-off-on-off kind of place. Sometimes you'd find them, sometimes, you won't. 

Last time I found a Tom Sawyer restaurant was more than 5 years back, in Tiendesitas.

So, imagine how thrilled I was when I came across Tom Sawyer in Estancia!


Of course, the 1st thing to do was order their Chicken Breast sandwich. It's the OG and still the best breast. And of course, a side of Sloppy Fries.

There's finally a Tom Sawyer that's quite near the office!

This is major!

No comments: