Monday, September 04, 2023

Winner!

Here's another favourite childhood memory.

As a kid, our family would sometimes eat at Goldilocks in Cubao. This was located at the old Rustan's Department Store.

Their set-up back then was like a school canteen. Instead of individual tables and chairs, they had long, continuous benches and tables. 

One sign that would alway catch my attention was a big poster with the message: "Share-a-Seat, Win a Friend." 

For a time, I thought it was some sort of promo. That's why I'd always ask my parents to let us share our seat with someone else because we'd get some sort of physical prize. It was only after they explained the concept to me did I get what it meant.

This childhood episode came back to me a few weeks ago, particularly because of this sign at the 168 Food Court in Divisoria.


After 3 decades, I'm still secretly wishing that I'll win something.

No comments: