Thursday, May 18, 2023

"Tell" it to me

Although not as popular and mainstream as K-dramas, J-dramas are equally entertaining and engaging. I've mentioned this several times, J-dramas came way ahead of K-dramas for me. Thanks to Hotaru no Hikari, of course.

That's why my watchlist on Netflix is a combination of both J-dramas and K-dramas. Fortunately, there are quite a number of good Japanese series on this streaming platform. I've written about "Atelier," and recently completed "Dearest."

Now, another J-drama is added to my binge-watch list. Finally finished the 10-episode romantic drama entitled "Why didn't I tell you a million times."


This series is good mix of different genres: romance, comedy, drama with a touch of mystery. If "Ghost" were a rom-com, this is how it would feel.

Aside from the story, the actors really make this series so engaging to watch. It's a powerhouse cast that includes Takeru Satoh from "Ruruoni Kenshin," Kenichi Matsuyama from "Death Note," and Mao Inoue from "The Snow White Murder Case."

Suddenly, I remembered the fact that I've seen Takeru Satoh in person when the cast of "Ruruoni Kenshin" went to Manila to promote their film in 2014. But I digress.

It just took me a few days to finish this series. That's how good it is.

And I can tell that I'll be re-watching this soon.

No comments: