Sunday, May 07, 2023

I'll do ELDO

It's a niche perfume with an interesting name.

Etat Libre D'Orange, or ELDO, as some perfume lovers would call it.

The brand is considered a niche brand, and it's known for playful names and unusual scent profiles. They once had a scent called “Philippine Houseboy.” And given political correctness and cultural sensitivities, it was quickly pulled out of the shelves and the name was changed.

But that’s another story.

During my HKG trip last February, I chanced upon a bottle of ELDO's more popular scents called "You Or Someone Like You." Sprayed it on my wrist out of curiosity, not knowing what to expect. And you know how it goes when you're not expecting anything. It's when those pleasant surprises usually happen.

The scent was super fresh! The first spray was like a blast of mint, followed by citrus undertones, and it settles as a green, grassy scent. It reminds me of freshly cut grass, which is another scent that reminds me of my childhood days in Bicol.

Needless to say, it's a significant memory, which led me to bring a bottle from HKG to MNL.

I'll wear this and go back to my childhood days in Bacacay.

No comments: