Sunday, March 19, 2023

Second skin

Personally, I'm not a fan of perfume.

Even as a teen, when my brothers were collecting Drakkar Noir, Kouros, Polo and Gray Flannel, I didn't have a bottle of perfume. I'd have some bottles of cologne, particularly the Spanish ones that Tita Evelyn would bring from Spain, but that was it.

I'm not a fan of strong scents - which perfumes usually are. The only scents that appeal to me are the scents of the body wash I use, which are simple, clean, soapy scents - think Ivory Soap or Dove. 

That's why in those few times that I'd buy perfume, the scents I'd gravitate towards were soapy and laundry-inspired scents. Yup, my idea of smelling good is smelling like I just came out from the washing machine and dryer. Thus, my liking for scents like Clean Fresh Laundry, Clean Warm Cotton and Clean T-Shirt.

Another scent profile I'm into are skin scents. These are scents that smell so natural, it smells like your skin after you took a bath. My favourite scent for this type is Clean Reserve Skin.

Since my bottle of that scent is almost empty, I dropped by Rustan's to buy another bottle. Alas, they didn't have any stock, and didn't know when their new stocks will come in. 

But, true to Rustan's superb customer service mantra, the sales clerk suggested another skin scent for me to try. That's Dipytique's Fleur de Peau.


Whoa! This. Is. So. Good!

"Fleur de Peau" literally means "Skin Flower." It really smells like you're not wearing any perfume at all. It's just like you bathed using a nice smelling body wash, nothing more, nothing less. And what you're left with is the scent of very clean skin. Because of that, I ended up buying a bottle of this pure, skin scent.

Of course, some people would find it odd that you'd spend almost P11,000 to smell like you're not wearing any scent at all. But for me, smelling like this is already second skin.

No comments: