Friday, March 10, 2023

FMM: Scent to Song, part 2

Byredo is one of those niche fragrances that's a fave among the scent-loving community. I've been hearing about this brand for years, but don't really know what the brand is like since they don't have it available in stores here in MNL.

I'd see the brand in HKG, particularly in Lane Crawford. Back in 2017 when the fam flew to HKG, I chanced upon it while we were strolling in IFC. But since we were in a hurry, I never got a chance to smell it.

When Mark and I went to Seoul last October, there was a Byredo store inside Lotte Department Store. On my way to the supermarket, I made a quick stop and finally took a whiff of this brand. Verdict: the hype is real!

That's why during my trip to HKG last month, part of the itinerary was the Byredo store in IFC. There, I finally got my hands on some of their most popular fragrances, the OG being this:


Gypsy Water is the Byredo scent that's on everyone's lips (or noses.) And it's easy to understand why. The scent is so fresh and clean, like an elevated skin scent.

And to celebrate my 1st bottle, today's Friday Magic Madness is an off-shoot of the scent's name.


"Gypsy Woman" & "Crystal Waters." Remove the "Woman" and "Crystal," and you have one of the scents that I'll be using on the regular. You gotta love the music of the 90s. Just like you gotta love this scent.

No comments: