Saturday, October 23, 2021

Hey, Ya!

No, this isn't about an Outkast song. Although admittedly, that song is one of my go to happy songs.

Whenever Mark and I would take the subway and get down at the Higashi-Koenji station in Ueno, one of the things we see when we step out of the station is Sukiya.

A popular Gyudon chain in Japan, Sukiya is a fixture at it's easy to find one. It's pretty much like Yoshinoya in terms of set-up and food offering.

We ate at Sukiya's other branches during our earlier days in Tokyo. And for the branch outside the eki, I think we just ate there once. Looking back, my thought is that we weren't that impressed with the food that's why we didn't eat there as often as we should. Although I remember that I liked the Unagi set at Sukiya.

While browsing the net for upcoming restaurants, it turns out that Sukiya will be opening in Glorietta 2 soon!

When this opens, and when things go back to normal, Mark and I will give Sukiya a chance here in Manila. Maybe it will be a different experience.

No comments: