Saturday, November 09, 2019

Missing School

For more than a decade, I'd spend Saturdays waking up super early (even earlier than weekdays) to go to school.

To teach, that is.

On a fateful weekday in 1999, Prichy visited me at my office in Vito Cruz and asked me if I'd be interested in teaching part-time at St. Scholastica's College. Because Prichy is one of my bestest friends - and because a lot of our batchmates were also there - I obliged.


It was one of the best decisions that I made. And it was something I continued to do for more than a decade.

I'd still be doing it if not for this recent health issue. One thing I realized this morning is how much I miss it. I really miss teaching so, so, so SOOOOOOO much!

But that feeling of longing turns into anticipation when I think that I'll be back in school next year.

Wait for me, SSC! I'll be back.


No comments: