Sunday, November 11, 2018

Missing and Memories

This heartfelt song from Diana Ross pretty much sums up what I felt this morning.



We usually visit Lolo, Lola and Tita after the All Soul's Day rush, and that's what I did. As expected, Loyola was quiet, not crowded and more serene. A welcome change from the chaos and fracas that often happens from October 31 to November 2.


I was in my teens when Lola, then Lolo, left us. And whenever I visit them, I can't help but feel that I didn't spend enough time with them. That it would've been awesome if they lived another decade so I could've enjoyed their company and wisdom more.

But I know that even if they're not here physically, they're watching all of us from above.

Incidentally, today marks the 29th year since Lolo joined Lola in heaven. It's been so long, but the longing feels the same.


Yo extranjo mucho, Abuelo y Abuela. Por siempre.




No comments: