Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Grace of Whitney

For more than 6 months, I've been seeing this video recommendation on youtube. The title of the video is "Insane!!! This Girl is Whitney Reborn," and the visual is that of a woman in a fully beaded gown in a concert.

I've never had the motivation to click it, mainly because Whitney is Whitney.

Then, I came across this audition video from the on-going season of America's Got Talent.



Gosh! She sounds so much like Whitney Houston. And her rendition of "Run to you" is on-point.

Her name is Glennis Grace, and it turns out that she's the same woman who was in that "Girl is Whitney Reborn," video.



That voice! She could be Whitney Houston's voice double!

But I think Mel B. put it perfectly when she said: "You sound like Whitney, but I want to see you put a bit of you." I think that's what's going to make Glennis Grace a star!



No comments: