Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Basically

Since high school, I've always been a basic t-shirt and pants kind of guy. Note that I said "pants" and not "jeans." That was because the nerd in me wore slacks all throughout high school until my first year in college.

Because of that, I'm always on the lookout for a nice, basic t-shirt.

Back in the 80s and 90s, those would be from Hanes and Fruit of the Loom. As the fast fashion revolution came about, I would get my shirts from Zara, Pull and Bear, H&M, Old Navy, and Gap. When I lived in HKG, the city introduced me to awesome t-shirts from Uniqlo, Armani Exchange, and Paul Smith.

Recently, local brands have been proving their mettle in this arena. The past year, I've been buying shirts - lots of them - from Oxygen. Their loose fit shirts are the shiz!

And last month, I discovered another awesome source. Oxygen's sister company, Penshoppe!


Their Relaxed Fit shirt is perfect. The cotton is soft and feels lived in. The fit is loose and casual, but not sloppy. And the array of colors is astounding.

I think I've already bought 10. And if I don't stop myself, I'll probably buy more.

That's basically it.

No comments: