Friday, May 29, 2015

FMM: Dog-gone it!

When I was in the school choir back in High School, one of our assignments was to think of a song that we'd like to learn to sing. Our teacher - Mr. Ortega - said that we should have a "musical goal," that being to be able to master one song by the end of the school year.

The other choir members chose very typical songs. There was the usual Basil Valdez songs like "Let the Pain Remain" and "Say that you love me." Another popular choice was Leo Valdez's "Magsimula ka." Then, there was a smattering of Barry Manilow songs like "Weekend in New England."

Now, when Mr. Ortega asked me what was the song I wanted to master, the room fell silent.

There I was, a short, pudgy 11-year old boy, and my song choice was Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog."



Needless to say, I didn't learn the song. But hey, at least I tried.

No comments: