Sunday, April 12, 2015

Park and Shop

Gateway Mall is one of the closest malls to where I live, so it's one of my default malls if I need to get something. 

Whenever I'm there, my go-to places are Uniqlo, Rustan's, People are People, and Shoe Salon. For food, it's usually Taco Bell, Pancake House or World Chicken. These places have become my routine, to the point that I don't really get to explore the other parts of the mall.

This weekend, I missed my elevator stop and ended up at the topmost floor of Gateway. And when I stepped out, I was surprised to find this!


There's actually a park at the topmost level of Gateway!


Well, it's a sort-of-park since there's a 50-50 split between real greens and faux plants. Or as Bugs Bunny once said: "fake grass, artificial air, artificial..."

The park is called "Garden Topiary" due to the abundance of topiaries in different shapes and sizes. They're mostly animal shapes, such as these elephants. There are also some birds, swans, and a herd of giraffe scattered all over the place. (And yes, they're made of plastic plants.)


While not as vast or fresh as the sky gardens of Trinoma, Glorietta or SM, I think this park at Gateway is a good start in introducing some greens in the Cubao area.

No comments: