Thursday, September 04, 2014

See you laser!

A few months ago, my sister's friend asked me whether I knew what a "laser cut" fabric was. Apparently, she had a daughter studying design, and she was asked to look for one. The problem was, she didn't know what "laser cut" fabric is. 

I told her that it's a type of fabric with a very intricate design, usually lattice work. This design is perforated from the fabric, using a laser. Thus, the name.

The explanation had to be repeated several times before she got it. On hindsight, I should've just showed her one of Ate Bullet's laser cut dresses for her to understand it better.


As you can see, it has a very intricate design, similar to lattice work.


In laser cut dresses, the fabric and design are everything. And this dress captures those qualities perfectly.


And that, my friends, is a laser cut dress.

No comments: