Sunday, April 27, 2014

Little Style: The Becca edition

When I found out that Mona and my god daughter Becca were going to spend their Easter Sunday in Spain, I was thrilled. I spent 2 Holy Weeks in Spain, and remember how nice it was to hear mass on Easter Sunday. 

I suddenly recalled all the well-dressed families inside the church. The Moms in their pastel colored dresses, and the Dads looking dapper in a shirt, tie and blazer. The little boys would also be in jackets, while  the little girls would be in pretty dresses.

So, I decided to give Becca an Easter Sunday ensemble which she can wear when they hear Easter Sunday mass.

The centerpiece of the look is this pretty lace dress. The hue of the lace is purple, but because of the aquamarine lining, it looks more blue than violet. The cut is a classic for little girls - sleeveless, with a voluminous skirt.


Knowing how chilly the Spring weather in Spain can be, I decided to add in some extras to give much needed warmth. I found a black cardigan and black tights - two items that I also see a lot of little Spanish girls wearing.


Add them all up and you have this wonderful Easter ensemble that's going to fit right in alongside the well-dressed little Spanish girls hearing mass.


The dress is what gives it that spring vibe, and the touches of black in the belt, tights and cardigan give it an elegant touch.

And seeing how girly and modelesque Becca is, I think she'll carry this outfit very, very well.

No comments: