Monday, February 03, 2014

That's Bigg's

When in Bicol, it's good to try homegrown restaurants that have endeared itself to the locals and tourists. Among my favorite local restos in Albay are Abing's in Tabaco, DJC in Tiwi, and Bigg's Diner in Legaspi.


The diner is on its 30th year, and I must say, it's very, very different from what I remember it to be. They've really upgraded their image and refurbished their interiors to make it look more young, fun and hip. But their mainstays - like their vintage items - are still around. The only difference is, they're now arranged in these Mondrian-esque tableaus.


The interiors have also been upgraded, the logo was also changed, and as I was telling Becky, their new look is very professional and well-thought of. And while a lot of things have changed, the food is still as good as I remember it. One item on their menu I can't get enough of is their California Tuna Sandwich.


After two trips to Bigg's during my 3-day stay, I have to say that I'll miss the food and ambience here. But as the manager told me, in case I really, really, really, really miss Bigg's, I can always go to SM Batangas.

Let's see if my craving will lead to somewhere as far as that.

No comments: