Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Shops I miss

Ever since it opened in 1990, Robinsons Galleria was always my go-to mall, even becoming a fave in the mid-90s and early 2000s.


They had a lot of shops that you could only find in that mall, and whenever I'd have extra money, it would usually be spent at those places.

1. Save-A-Lot - This was a store that sold American goods, patterned after Duty Free stores. They even had a "passport" which you needed to enter. They had a very good selection of imported goods, and the beddings section was my go-to. They had American bed sheet brands that was quite rare back then.

2. Zu - A levelled-up version of the 3rd floor of Shoppesville, this was a space that had a collection of clothing stores under one roof. What made it different was that the brands were very fashion forward and unusual. The clothes were also pricey - which was understandable because they were unique.

3. Ibiza - Another clothing line which sold fashionable party and resort-inspired clothes. Their store was very unique because it resembled a beach resort, complete with pebbles on the floor, and tiles that you could walk on. This store turned out to be owned by the sister of one of my teachers in UP.

While there are so many new shops and brands these days - even ones from different countries that I'd frequent during trips abroad - these classics are still part of my shopping consciousness until today.

Remembering them makes me miss them even more.

No comments: