Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Itching for it

The grocery store beside the school - the store formerly known as Popular Grocery and Micaray - never fails to yield surprises. They always have something interesting and new hidden in their shelves. Goodies that I don't find at SM Supermarket or at The Landmark.

Goodies like these little critters that I bought along with my usual stash of Vitamilk, Rebisco Crackers and Oishi Onion Rings:


Yes, they're called caterpillars. Not because they make your throat itchy, but because of their elongated shape and their rough texture.


First, I bought a pack to try it out. After eating the entire bag in a matter of minutes, I had to go back to the grocery to buy more. There's something deliciously weird about this candy. It's like a cross between a gummy candy and a marshmallow.

The candy is super soft and just a bit gooey. The mallow part has the right amount of sweetness and the jelly gives it a bit of tart. There are 3 flavors inside: orange, grape and I think the green one is apple. The grape one tastes like medicine, which is fine by me. For some strange reason, I like candies that taste like medicine.

They also have big bags of this candy available, but I try to buy the small ones just for portion control. I'm afraid I'll finish the big bag in a couple of minutes as well.

Just as I finished the small bag right after taking this photo.

No comments: