Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Never too Leyte: to take me to Church

Visiting Churches is one of my top priorities when visiting a new place.

Luckily, Ormoc's most famous Church, Saints Peter and Paul Parish Church was very near our hotel. That way, it was easy to make a quick stop and say a prayer of thanks for this trip and our work.


The design is very reminiscent of old Churches and Cathedrals in the Philippines. From it's stone walls to the ornate chandeliers. And of course, the exquisite altar with antique looking Saints.


One thing that caught my attention at this Church is this tableau that captures the moment when St. Joseph passed away. This is my first time to see this, and it was such a moving piece.


Too bad we weren't able to hear mass here. 

But that's a good reason for me to go back.

No comments: