Sunday, May 26, 2019

Seoul Food, redux

Now, that headline was pretty obvious.

In my previous visits to Seoul, I haven't been very adventurous when it comes to food. Often, I'd eat are Western chains, Western restaurants, and, of course, McDonald's. The most "Korean" I had would be the traditional Chicken restaurants, and their national fast food place, Lotteria.

On this trip, I was with several hard core Korean fans. So, they wouldn't have any of that Western shiz. They made sure that whenever we'd go out for lunch, it would be at a place that's legitimately and unmistakably Korean.

Fun fact: I've never eaten Korean Barbecue or "Samgyupsal" in Seoul. Yes, I've done that in Manila more times than I can remember, but no, I've never tried the "real thing."

Bea and Lyka brought us to this really legit Samgyupsal place in the outskirts of Seoul. It was really far, but the authenticity of the place well made up for the long travel we had to take. Their side dishes were new to my palette, and it went so well with their barbecue.


Another place we went to was this old restaurant which is popular among the locals. They serve spicy chicken and cheese, which they cook in front of you. When dipped in cheese, the spice and creaminess explode in your mouth perfectly.


If I didn't travel with this group, I'd most likely be eating at McDonald's and Lotteria.

And that's why you should travel with K-fans!

No comments: