Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Holiday Surprise

During our Christmas dinner in 2017, we talked about our plans for this year's Christmas celebration, and they were pretty clear.

We were celebrating it in Manila. Tita Evelyn would fly in from Barcelona and would spend the holidays with us again. Biboy would try to come home. So, they were pretty standard plans.

Then, November happened.

Last November, there was a collective decision to just spend the Christmas holidays in GA. My parents and Biboy and his family are here, Ate Lissa would fly in from Utah, Kuya Marv already booked their flight.

The only missing links were Ate Bullet and me. By the 2nd week of November, Ate Bullet and her family had their US Visa renewed and their ticket booked. So, they were all set to fly to GA, too.

Which left me. And the rub was, my US Visa expired in November.

So, I scampered to get an appointment for a visa renewal. Hopefully with enough time to book a flight and fly to GA in time for Christmas.

And by December 14, a mere 11 days before Christmas, I got my visa and flight!

So, despite the plans made last year - surprise, surprise - the entire family is now celebrating Christmas in GA!






Sometimes the best plan is to not plan at all.

No comments: