Monday, October 22, 2018

Frida Fashion

People who know me well know that I don't buy a dress on the spot.

Most often, I do the "come back for it tomorrow and see if you still feel the same way," the "wait for a month because that'll be on sale then," or "I'm sure there's something that looks like that in one of the haunts."

Then, there are those extremely rare times when a dress grabs me with such intensity that I grab it, don't let go, and pay full price.

This weekend was one such day. The shop was a not-so-mainstream local brand called "Thrift Market," and this was the dress that made me break all my self-written rules.


It's a pleated maxi dress that had this strong Frida Kahlo vibe to it.

The neckline was interesting. There was a small keyhole, a cold shoulder, and pleats that ran across the entire top part.

Another thing that gave it that Mexican vibe was the fabric. Both the color and the print reminds me of the traditional Mexican dresses that the Mafia Mexicana wore during our impromptu photo shoot in Guadalupe's house in Monterrey.


Maybe it's that Mexican connection that made me say "si" to this dress immediately.


No comments: