Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Color story: The OK Corals

One of the most ignored colors in my 64-piece Crayola set was Coral Pink.

Back as a kid, none of my coloring books or art projects needed this hue. Frankly, I found it a bit confused for a color. It was like a mish-mash of pink, orange, and red. Plus, I was never a fan of pink, so this was automatically off my consideration set.

But as I grew older, my appreciation for Coral Pink started. Especially when I saw them nicely executed in fast fashion brands. Usually, they'd come out in the Spring-Summer collections, and they'd always look refreshing on the runway.

It's no longer summer, and we don't have spring, but that didn't stop me from whipping up this Coral Pink outfit for Ate.


Both pieces are from my Greenhills haunt. While I don't go there as often as before, they never disappoint when I'm there.

The first piece is this top with ruffled sleeves. I got this for Ate Bullet in white, and she loved it. So, when I saw this deep Coral option, it was a must buy.


Then, I saw this pair of printed pants, also in a lighter shade of coral. And it was a nice contrast to the heavier shade up front.


Given how funky and chic this ensemble is, I'm sure Ate will be tickled Coral Pink.

No comments: