Sunday, October 25, 2015

Rising up

For Catholic school kids like me, growing up watching Biblical films was the norm. Not only did we watch it in school, we were also asked to watch it as part of our homework. Thus, I grew up with a fondness for bible-themed films.

Needless to say, I relished Holy Week because it was 3 straight days of films like Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, Jesus of Nazareth, and so forth.

College came, and since UP didn't have a theology subject, I'd watch religious films on my own volition. Even the more controversial ones like "Last Temptation of Christ" was part of my viewing list.

Even now, it delights me whenever there's a new religious film in theaters. And today, I saw this trailer for a new film that talks about the resurrection through the eyes of a non-believer.



I hope they won't wait for Holy Week before showing this one in Manila.

No comments: