Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Catty comments

A nice tee is the perfect thing to wear on lazy days. All the fast fashion brands have their own armada of tees, but they usually vary in fabric quality and design. Among the lot, Uniqlo has the best tees so far. The cotton they use is soft and sturdy (I still wear my Uniqlo tees from 7 years back) and the designs have that Japanese creative aesthetic. 

Another underrated source of tees is Surplus Shop. All you need to do is step inside a store and you'll be treated to racks upon racks of great tees. That's why whenever there's a need for weekend wear, this is one of the default destinations.

While browsing the ladies' tee section, this soft, heather gray shirt caught my eye. It had a nice cut, and an even nicer fabric. The cotton felt so plush and soft.


The print, though, made me stop and think whether I should get it for the Ates. While it's tongue-in-cheek and supposed to be funny, I think it's a bit demeaning to single folks and perpetuates the stereotype of the "single cat lady."


Bad print notwithstanding, the fabric and style is really nice and worth buying. So the question remains, should I?

No comments: