Wednesday, February 25, 2015

We've got the power!

During the People Power revolution, we were still living in Morato. Channels 4 and 7 were within close proximity to our house, so while there was a revolution happening in Crame, there was one happening near Timog.

Because of that proximity, I still remember the People Power revolution like it was yesterday.

I remember how people camped out and filled the streets of Morato.

I remember how strangers became friends and a disparate group of people became one big family.

I remember how Mom made sandwiches and we gave them to the people who camped out near our street.

I remember the sound of the helicopters flying above us and the scary sound of the tank as it passed near our house.

I remember  how everyone started to jump in jubilation when it was announced that Marcos left the country.

I remember riding the back of the Toyota Liftback and we paraded around the area.

I remember flashing the "L" sign with thousands of people as we traversed Morato, Timog and Quezon Avenue.

It's been almost 30 years, yet I still remember it like it was yesterday.

Today is one of those days when I feel fortunate to have experienced a monumental event such as People Power.


No comments: