Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Shell Shocked

During my last trip to Cebu in 2019, there was an on-going trade fair at Ayala Center Cebu featuring locally made accessories.

At that trade fair, there was a booth that sold locally-made minaudieres. They were beautifully made using different types of shells. One particular design caught my eye, and it was of tortoise shell. Was planning to buy it, but ran out of time and wasn't able to go back to mall.

So, it was a missed purchase.

Fast forward to today. Was at The SM Store in SM Megamall, and spotted this:


While it's not the exact design, it's very, very close to the minaudiere that caught my eye. From the shape, to the material, to the size - it gave me a fashion flashback. And that flashback made me buy it!

Imagine my shock when it turned out to be on sale! The price of this was around 70% of the price of the one in Cebu.

Looks like this minaudiere was meant to be.

No comments: