Thursday, July 10, 2014

Here's to convenience!

Since our office building is surrounded by convenience stores - three 7-11 stores, two Mini-stops and a Family Mart within a short distance - I'm spoilt for choice when it comes to snackers. What's even better is that each of these 3 stores are constantly updating their food offerings to satisfy serial snackers such as myself.

Here are two of my current favorite food items from the convenience store.

First is the Turkey Ham with Raspberry cream cheese sandwich from Family Mart.


The combination of flavors and textures from this sandwich is just divine! It starts off with wheat bread with raisin, then, the sweet and creamy flavor of the raspberry cream cheese, then the savory bite of the turkey ham. It's a flavor explosion with every bite.

Second is the Chicken Teriyaki Onigiri from 7-11.


Ha! I think 7-11 is trying to out-Japanese Family Mart and started offering their own version of onigiri. Being an onigiri-connoiseur, I'd say that the 7-11 version is okay, but not stellar. The rice isn't that sticky and the nori wrap is only a fraction, not to mention soggy. The chicken teriyaki filling is good, though.

I remember the girl was asking me if I wanted the onigiri microwaved. What?! You don't microwave an onigiri!

Aside from these 2, there were a lot of new snacks available on the shelves. And that's good - and convenient - enough reason to go back to 7-11, Mini-stop and Family Mart soon.

No comments: