Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Pollo Loco

Before my Seoul trip, my impression is that there would be a pajeon or kimchi store in every street corner. Much like there's a siomai or noodle place in Manila, or there's a Vlaamse Frites place in Amsterdam, or even a Shawarma place in Prague.

Well, there aren't pajeon or kimchi stores in every street corner. But there's one food item that you can find in almost every street in Seoul, and it's something that I totally didn't expect to be uber popular there.

Fried Chicken!

A block away from my hotel, there were 2 fried chicken stores which were full most of the time. And while I was going around the different parts of the city, all these other brands kept popping up.






Yes, Koreans are crazy for fried chicken. That's why the business is not only flourishing, it's making a killing!

According to reviews, Bon Chon is the best of the lot. But since I was pressed for time, I wasn't able to try it.

Good thing they're opening a store here in Greenbelt 1. I'll have to try that out just to see what everyone's so crazy about.

No comments: