Sunday, August 07, 2016

Carolina in my mind

Since I only had more than a week to spend in GA, I decided to spend as much time as I could with family.

But there was one thing I knew I had to do while I was there. There was an exhibit of Carolina Herrera's work at SCAD, and who would pass up the chance to see that, right?


I'm a huge fan of Carolina Herrera. In fact, I've written about her several times on this blog. The opportunity to see her work up close and personal isn't something that happens often. And I'm glad that I had the chance to do so.

The great thing about the exhibit is that it dates back all the way to her beginnings in fashion. I wasn't familiar with her work back in the 80s, and seeing her creations from that decade was a thrill. It goes to show that she had a strong vision and aesthetic even as she was just starting.

(Some Carolina Herrera originals from the 80s)

Another thrill came from the fact that some of the gowns I saw in person were famous gowns worn by some of my favorite celebrities. Gosh, I used to just look at these gowns in magazines, and now, I was in front of the actual thing!

One of those gowns was Taylor Swift's! And it's no secret that I love me some Taylor!

(Taylor Swift wore this!)

Another memorable piece was the wedding gown worn by Bella Swan (aka Kristen Stewart) in the film "Twilight."


(When I first saw this gown in the film, my first question was "Who made that?")

For hours, I just went around and around and around the exhibit, marveling at all the gorgeous creations of Carolina Herrera. And having seen a lot of her work in magazines and photos, they're no way as awesome as the original.


This museum visit was so inspirational, I think I'll bring out my chicken scratch pad and chicken scratch something very soon.

No comments: